Alexis Isabella Lavallee

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 31, 2010

Victoria, B.C

Last weekend we took a trip to Victoria, B.C. to see Our Lady Peace. This is a Canadian band that has had some hits on U.S. radio but is HUGE in Canada. Anyway, Mark really likes this band and wanted to see them since they would be soooo close. I was looking forward to a break from this craziness that has been our life recently so win-win. Yay long weekend!!

Mark upgraded our room to a beautiful suite which was a wonderful surprise. And this was the view from our balcony. This is looking at their government building and you can see the ocean in the background.



This is the Empress Hotel. It's a Victoria landmark and has quite the history. Every afternoon they have an afternoon tea event with pastries and there is a dress code. These people are serious about thier tea.




I didn't know it but that weekend there were many events happening around town and that Saturday was Victoria Day so all of the boats in the harbor were decorated in celebration.



This ship was one of a kind. Made me think of pirates so of course I needed a picture.

Who knew Darth Vador played the violin?


Mark and Darth.

We had a wonderful time and the weather couldn't have been better. I got hungry in the afternoon so we got a hot dog from a street vendor. Something I NEVER thought I'd do because of how germaphobic I am but it was very yummy. The baby gave it 2 thumbs up. :)
BTW...we saw a couple of killer whales on our way back home but it's difficult to see them in the pictures.

No comments: